About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Typhoon Chrysalism

Antiquated autumn moon they’ll be no pyres for you tonight
No burning flesh altschmerg sacrifice
Drunken, smoking family circles retreat from your skies
Your seasonal rotting fruit eaten without satisfaction
The rabbit moon pestle pounds out tempest medicines
Storm elixirs dampen out all healing weekend moxibustion
The people’s summer ghost month prayers
Were deemed inadequate
Elderly folk forgot the exact time and directions to say their incantations
Google search forgotten rites and canticles akin to strangers
Hungry ancestors in their malcontent cry purgatory tears to form a cyclone
Whole clans weep together joining forces over the Pacific
They’re specific intention to deconstruct familiar traditions

Luckily for my neighbors my disbelief spared my whole prefecture
An alien continental rainbow hangs over my household like an amulet
Regardless of the multitude’s avowal
My nodus, the eye of the hurricane is this chrysalism apartment


No comments:

Post a Comment