About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

The Cage Was Cylinder and Small

Inspired by a dream I had the other night, I think influenced by my grief at the recent US election:


The cage was cylinder and small
Appearing from a cryptic dream
Like Eve before the Fall
Massed hands unleashed their regime
Pandora’s box 21st century
Their debris and swill, festers downstream
To global mutual horror, our collective penitentiary
Verity was sacrificed
Kindness in totalitarian jeopardy
Spew rancor, retch partiality, bias legitimized
By history’s loudest bastard mockery

Age old rally, justice cry we mobilized
Against the ugly horn of demagoguery
Flash our search lamps into the darkness
Free the Philistines from their poverty

Sounding convincing he seemed harmless
Resonate with these fears
All that’s ugly in our subconscious

The outsiders, pariahs shiver from sneers
Refuse to accept their bleeding anguish
Bleeding Jesus to hide behind sullied veneers
The poets, the seers, myself stranded we languish
Compelled to rebel, with amity endure
Until all ignorance and spite can we vanquish

The progression of humanity still so immature
But Earth’s out of time and facing extinction
We must not cloister in this 4-year detour
No time to be neutral, side with moral distinction
Choose love for the poor
Hear this upright inscription

My party are four blue love birds miniature
Placed by hand in a cage
Silent, song-less feathers azure
Beware when they sing call forth to engage
The young will respond
This my grief will assuage

Yet, cerulean wings will soon break their bond
Soar above carnage to the healing beyond




No comments:

Post a Comment