About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Year Supply

Empty bottle
Chosen time
Stained wine glass, empty mind
Under layers of want and desire
Quilts of patched dreams
Princess and pea mattresses
Climb down and understand
The Comforter

A prince from my ancestral motherland
Foreigner, brother
We speak each other’s languages
He is fluent in my colloquial asides
And I express bodily
What the athlete in him can champion

I expect magic in the New Year
I demand, but respectfully
I confirm the promise
The hope mixed w/ blood and wine
Only the timing has me confused
Like being at the bottom of the sea
Can’t think clearly
Surfacing is like a vision of immortality

If I felt everything f/long ago
I’d cry in your arms
Relieved and imprisoned
Angry and still hidden
Far above you, but below my calling

I perceive a new thing

The astrologer says this passing year was the most auspicious
This month my last chance
I’m above astrologers
Having studied the stars all my life
Heaven opens for me

I perceive a new thing
My arms are open wide
I’ve gathered all the empty vessels
My neighbors supplied
I’m pouring the oil of faith
As I’m pouring, I’m supplied

No comments:

Post a Comment