About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Friday, June 10, 2011

The neighborhood caliph

The neighborhood caliph also rushes down the stairs
Throw out the week’s collective dregs
Catch the stench for a swift moment
Open kitchen cabinets share shared domestic treasures
Clutter of another resembles slightly
Intimate tight spaces, precious medicinal elixirs
Spoon feed me
I’m self- conscious and slightly uncomfortable
Being so closely observed from your throne
Wonder what thoughts flutter like cloud birds
Like reef fish swimming through your water born crown
As you watch me mother another

Our accumulative experience fails us
No one dare disturb the water
Like a meeting of sky and sea, brewing tempest
Start a small war
The youth in me grows restless for revolution
Tearing down walls of current rulers, craving chaos
Storms of electricity
Redistribute the wealth
Which part of me has been hording all the energy?

I was uber calm, cold like frosted morning windows
I can’t see anything
Cool my simmering underneath
These past years of mountain top hermitage taught me
All about the weather
Inner climate control calling blizzards in midsummer
Only a superior celestial force could best me
We all know you’re a prince
You’re about to learn I’m a covert sorceress.

No comments:

Post a Comment