About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Answers in the desert

Avoid the truth like a drinker avoids the morning mirror
Change the routine like dirty bedding
The day like a new neighborhood cafe
So casual, so meaningless
Its nothing at all, just a day

The days add up into a new ruling hegemony
The old world has slowly taken over the decay
Aliens have established and smashed the old relics
you’re nowhere to be found
Possibly an old femur, skull or medallion
buried under layers of forgotten civilizations
Uncovered, exposed like a fragrant song
like incense, a holy shroud
Crumbles into dust at my fingertips

If only you could last the final analysis
Not of books or mind, microscopes or even past experience
I destroyed the lab long ago and laid in the mess of it, dreaming
Solve all our problems while we rest
Answer me there with the old scrolls in the desert cave of a new day

No comments:

Post a Comment