About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Your nice to admire for a while

Your nice to admire for a while, long enough to do the trick
But to really make me tick, let’s be real
These hints that you’re so superior, open my inner umbrella
I’ll outlast the next vanity downpour
Until the Other arrives and finds me in his eyes just fine

Pour salt on my wounds and it tickles
Inflame me w / your lack of substantial response
Keep this up and the warrior paint appears
I’ll take you down like an ancient tree, climb on your trunk
Breathe forest fire onto your cool leaves
Blacken you w/ scars of lightening
Lose your leaves, lose all sense of the season
The reason it all had to end this way
Make you into my campfire
Warm me until the morning and be nothing but the next day’s ashes

Like Jesus I’ll curse the fig tree that refuses to produce fruit or shade me
Useless tree, so full of himself
So sure of his own coverings
I pity your bride unable to really cover
Really be enough comfort to one so clever

No comments:

Post a Comment