About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Your wavering my reward

In my tardiness I know you’d be there
Waiting into yourself w/eyes closed
Turning inward into everything
Creatures of routine
Change it for a while and feel a little loss
Each finding freedom in the space between
Finding each other
My soul seeks you out among the multitudes
Intuitively hide from it, like shading your eyes from the sun
There’s no escaping me
Hide inside and come to the end of yourself

When your humility catches up w/ your vain pretense
I already feel your regret
Burning like a middle age fever
(By then my cowboy would have ridden by
Pulling me on his saddle)
So I take the sunset credits rolling
Stash that sunset in my back pocket
Your wavering my reward

No comments:

Post a Comment