About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What Have You in Common with Broken Fragments?

You on your gigantic steed speak down to me
      covered by undergrowth and ferns in the muck of the wet woods
Remind me of your highborn choice
     I have no voice
Couldn't even word that I knew
Express my disappointment, my miscalculation in you
        from my thicket trench

I could teach you to be valorous, nullify the status quo
Its invulnerable to remain the same
Safe plan, same man
       embrace the vicissitude the celestial in the woman

Once in your youth you took a chance on ceremony
        and let her go
        and let her run
And every week reconnect to that pain, disconnection
Sinister bond, she's not here to feed you
The one you claim, she's not complete enough to heal you
What have you in common with broken fragments?

I'm as real as the voice of your mother
As the possibility of a royal born child to father
As clear as your freckled reflection in the mirror
I'm your opposite and your true equal

Walk on water keep your eyes on God and then drown in the deep
A mythical Polynesian wave surges you into unknown shark territory
     slams your broken body, broken ego
On the unfamiliar sandy shores of a new paradise
Your salty flesh covered with tiny phosphorescense
       glowing in the new moon darkness
Spit out excess water and every expectation of perfection
Become initiated for a real man-woman connection

No comments:

Post a Comment