About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Mourning is a Radioactive Mirage

I.
Your dance of harmonic tremors in the rift zone are over
In the deadlock of destiny young fern fronds grow, singed and rusty
Upon the graben valley between two warring fault lines
Goddess Pele devourer of land and Kampapua'a, feral hog former husband

Igneous insanity from breathing deleterious gases
Her paroxysm fractures creation
Pele struck her fluvial daughter but no volcanic sacrifice was necessary
Collapses the cliff swallowed by the ocean
Losing her was like a Polynesian paradise obliterated by an atomic bomb

II.
God's tears fall in mammoth, obsidian raindrops
The soot avalanche mixed with debris formed in the dust cloud of Kilauea's explosion
Sonic boom hit by the shock wave flash in my soul
Radioactive numb my brain to the core
Blister my crater center, engulfed by the island gods' legend mushroom cloud struggle
Unexplained angelic failure to stop the gushing molten magma

Heaven and earth mingle
Glittering strangely like a mirage with bits of broken rainbow

Ring of fire around our shattered trinite hearts
A prayer cloud eleven miles high, flames of rage rising into the stratosphere
Navigate mourning in a tailspin flying blindly

Radioactive wasteland
All that remained, a lapilli path of stone to the kukui doorframe

No comments:

Post a Comment