About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sweet tea w/ a hero

Why your hesitation?
I'll not chase you
If you're waiting on me for a clue
Keep guessing
or just do something
anything to see my reaction
The unknown is a kind of satisfaction
But what I am sure of is
I'll not pursue you
I won't rob you of the experience
to discover uncharted territory
of off the map paradise
Of being the hero of a quest long departed
Of taking the chance to love first

I'm a desert caravan accustomed to wilderness wanderings
The star gazing navigation and burning bushes
push me onto dunes rolling out forever
I can outlast you, thirsty as I am
I can hunt but I've laid down all weapons
I can fight, but there is no war noble for bloodshed
I can wait until the next oasis

There is a biblical spring bubbling
somewhere on a forgotten holy mountain
Meet me there
and together we drink strong sweet tea w/ a sprig of sage
and offer sacrifices of atonement

No comments:

Post a Comment