About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fully born the day we parted

Fully born the day we parted
In gushing tears laced w/fears of being discovered premature
Relief in material excuse, any excuse to explain the public lamentation
I didn’t cry for lack of money, but lack of you, this comfortable camaraderie
You know me long enough
I care not for the visible, only divine communion
I stood like a crying statue
In front of the elephant sculpture 3 member family
Mirroring the moments of our like companionship

Question if it’s really you or what you symbolize, our lack
You dropped out of heaven like a brother and loved my daughter
How could not my core come all undone as old walls started to crumble?
Such a waste finding pride all this time in being self-contained
In this loneliness, this wasteland where I mother
Where my body and heart is buried and laid

No comments:

Post a Comment