About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Idol

Cast away cast iron figure of clay
Concealed hidden under fabrics of a camel's saddle
Cherished like habit
Loved like a child with her dolls, comforting
This Deity
His captivation resolute, I save his destruction for the last one

Impotent to resist
Until hired hands seized and searched every crevice of my caravan
We knew what fetish they were probing for
Let them find Him, I defy their invasion

Clench you inamorata in my hand
Smash you myself with a workman's hammer into pieces the shapes of tears, of nails
Mystified at the relief, release what was hidden
Under your incantations, eternal restless Spring laurel wreathed One

No comments:

Post a Comment