About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Convict

Convictions lost
Convictions rediscovered
Can’t shake the conviction
We were made for each other

Once we owned the city
Legendary Dean Cassidy Denver
From the Capitol Building
To the Snake Pit Disco

The priestess landlady read the cards
Fight and not stop for blood
Fight ‘til the police show up
Three days, three nights in the belly of
Denver City and County

Uncork the bottle of Beaujolais
Walk to the hitman corner liquor store
Take my hand in the winter snowfall
I take your hand on an Indian summer night

Function like treading water
You and I much the same
I just appear to function better

Let the shower run, Love
This city is such a desert in disguise
Steam our pad
Lie down wet beside me
We’ll cool off the heat together
With love

Cover my nakedness over, Love
It’s much too cold to be uncovered
Too expensive to use the old heaters
Layer me with your numerous quilts
Warm me with the expertise of my body knowledge
We stay cozy together with Love

Function like treading water
You and I almost the same
I just seem to function better

My dignity is in the suffering
The pain of our separation
The last sensation of Christ on the Cross
My dignity is in the humbleness
The deficiency of life w/o you

No comments:

Post a Comment