About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ode to Sir Spring

Drink an extra glass of wine
To idly pass the time
I have a moment
10 minutes maybe
Depending on the baby
She always needs me
I forget who I used to be

Am I someone better?
Wonder what the younger crowd thinks of me
I was once them, on the outside
Feeling free
Confusing license w/liberty

Now Im really free, painfully forced to
Redefine and learn and led humbly
This change
Depending on goodness
The real reality
Paradise is far f/boring
The schedule and daily routine
Paradise is at first lonesome
The neighborhood creatures’ couple
And alone I commune w/God
w/child
W/myself if Im lucky

Missing the lesser being I used to be
Habit energy unhappy and carnal
Confused and coupled

Changing me will change my destiny
And love accepts me who I am
And He accepts me as I am
The search is over
Walking alone in the garden
w/every tree available to me
I blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment