About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Visionary Paranoia

They whisper in the dark places of the local watering hole
Observing and cackling my every swerve
My thoughts reveal too clearly on my face
Serve me not well among the carnivores
They judge me unjustly
And single me out among the crowd
As if I turned on the lighthouse magnet beaming
of the rejected
I take it the best I can bravely, cowardly,
Until all pride of acceptance is purified in the fire of humiliation
Branded the freak wherever I go

I unknowingly rejected the unspoken social contract
That endeared me to the ultimate conformity
Makes me want to confront them
Be bold and well spoken in my originality
Confrontation head on
For one more chance of acceptance

Not so that I can finally belong
But to give them one more chance to find me
Give me another chance to be loving
To confirm their unbelievable rudeness
Display my visionary detachment once and for all

No comments:

Post a Comment