About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sunburn

My sunburn lips are nearly healed
Raw w/recent exposure
Id avoid bathing if I could
Save the last remnant of island particles
Bottom of the sea pebbles
Hidden in the secret folds of my body
When we lived day and night like amphibians
Colonizing newborn islands

This tan will fade f/ the pollution cloud of separation
Shed this skin and grow into
Something other, better
How much of you will remain in the transformation
More of a question than an answer

Holiday love is like rich food you metabolize quick
But retain forever in the abundant places of flesh memory
In the hidden places
Waiting
Where you found me

No comments:

Post a Comment