About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fickle footing

Fickle footing in the straight jacket market square
Crowded labyrinth of shining metal wares
Luscious rainbow fruit touts yelling haggles
On whom all survival supposedly depends

Your trader philosophies are castles made of rice porridge
Fairy tales for grownup greed
In your glitter prime I called your bluff
Your shiny stuff couldn’t mask the putrid
Brainless mummification full of pride and dreams of longevity
Fantasies of youthful eternity

Now all the tribe councils gather
Trying to contain the spreading menace of street potential
Laborers who just might have extra time to evolve and revolve
Behead the royals hiding behind cracking castles

No comments:

Post a Comment