About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shall we take a picture?

Shall we take a picture?
Freeze this moment
For future reference
Or is that too tangible?

There is attachment in looking back
Remembering
In perfecting an image
And keeping it

Freeze a moment
That’s already lost-
All we ever observe cannot be contained
We will separate as everyone
Part ways in partnership

Makes me realize I’m loosing time
I’ve extended more time on this island
At my inclination
Your joking suggestion

In 3 days and 3 nights
I will leave you like a Savior on a propeller plane
And wonder…
And wonder…

Will I hear from you? Or disappear carded and numbered
In the catalog of experiences collected like common seashells on any beach

I think you a bigger man that that
I cannot pretend to be calm

So calm me and claim me
These 3 days and 3 nights

No comments:

Post a Comment