About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Letter

The letter burns in my hand
Don’t resist
Don’t even sit

Wait a little while longer
Present company
These walls, music, mountains wouldn’t understand
Nor are they wanted
Just for this moment

The letter burns in my fingers
Exotic stamps
Cryptic and foreign alphabet
Im alone united with this letter

Tear me open with no care to the packaging
Tear me open so secret pictures fall to your lap

Not a letter at all
But simple poetry biblical and ancient
My face burns w/age
My hair is turning silver

This letter w/Mercury’s wing
Matzu’s fingerprints
Mother Mary’s perfume
Not a letter at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment