About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Free and burning

I’m a kind of joke
A ghost and fraud most of all
Not that I keep up appearances
But I question being alive at all
I beg to be eased of this burden of living like I’m independent
Like I’m some kind of secure island

I’d be happy to be a vegetable in a vegetable garden
(organic of course)
Or maybe a putrid, bursting fig
Picked, providing nutrition for some higher life form

Wasn’t I a plant before?
I faintly remember being a mineral
Being lava flow particles, smelted liquid potential

Once we all swirled together
A hot ball of fire
A star shining unison
without identity

Free and burning

No comments:

Post a Comment