About Me

My photo
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Border Town

Have you ever walked a border town beside the edge of the sea?
Where rocks grow below your feet and beckon you entrance?
The wind is cold and unstoppable guiding your every fall
And all I can do is dwell between, for in between is all

I walk the border towns and can’t seem to stop
I’m walking these border towns and my foot slips in a crack
Where bits of sea splash in the depths
And creatures bob in waves unseen

Border town is all around
It appears with every step
Not too sure if this ever ends
Can’t recall when first I noticed

But in the border towns you are surrounded
On either side by Destination
In the border towns you’re the edge
On the little line of noticing

No comments:

Post a Comment